We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
According to data from the Bosphorus Kandilli Observatory this morning at 05:36, the epicenter of Yalova Cinarcik, 4.3 magnitude earthquake occurred. The earthquake in Istanbul, Bursa, Sakarya and Kocaeli provinces brought to mind the great catastrophe that occurred in 1999. We wish that we will never experience such a great disaster again; but we need to be aware of every possibility and take our precautions. Many of you have learned many things by experiencing the great earthquake. But now you have little souls that you are responsible for. You are responsible for their safety What are the ways of protection from earthquakeYou should know how to protect your baby in case of disaster.
Things to do before and after the earthquake
Earthquakes are a natural disaster which is unfortunately difficult to predict. Therefore, it is always best to be prepared. If you have a small baby, it is useful to be more sensitive. Then what are the measures that can be taken before and during the earthquake?
Before the Earthquake:
- Set a common area where you can meet if you cannot reach each other when you are separate, when you are in different places outside.
- Get first aid training just in case.
- Secure large items in your house that may fall. Especially in the room where your baby sleeps more care.
- Place supplies such as water, a first aid kit and fire extinguisher at certain points in your home.
- Put a flashlight in a few places within easy reach of your home.
- Identify the safest spot for earthquakes in your home and tell family members that you will meet at an emergency point. This can be the bottom of a solid table or a full and voluminous seat. Generally, door frames are designated as safe places, but if the door frame is not intact, it will not be reliable. Make sure there are no objects near you.
- If you are pregnant, if you cannot go to the hospital of your choice, consider an alternative health center near you.
- In case of emergency, prepare a kit to take with you. If you have a small baby, this kit; fill with food, shoes, thermometers, baby painkillers, diapers and handkerchiefs you may need.
- If your child is old enough to understand you, talk to him about the earthquake. Tell him the situation in the most appropriate way by choosing the appropriate words for his age.
- If your child goes to school or daycare, find out the disaster plan of the institution he or she attended. Learning evacuation plans will make it easier for you to reach your pup during an emergency.
- Always keep the contact details of your child's institution up-to-date. There must be someone you can reach in an emergency.
After you have done what you have to do before the earthquake, you will have to do something during and after the earthquake.
If you are at home during an earthquake:
- If you are at home during an earthquake, take your child to the safe area you set before the earthquake. Protect your child by holding it on your chest and wait until the concussion is over.
- While grasping your baby with one hand, hold onto a firm surface where you can get support with the other hand.
- In the meantime, make sure that there are no objects, windows and glass around you that could fall over.
- As soon as the earthquake stops, move out of your hiding place and get out safely. There may be aftershocks.
- Never use the elevator when evacuating the building. There may be a power failure and you can stay in the elevator. Therefore, even if you are sitting on high floors, do not forget to use the elevator.
- Calm down the stairs. You don't want to panic and hurt yourself and your baby.
- Carry your baby on your lap. When evacuating the house, stay away from things that make you heavy, such as strollers and prams.
- If your child is too big to carry on your lap, go out by holding his hand. Never leave your child with you.
- If you go out, go to the designated emergency assembly area.
If you are in a crowded place during an earthquake:
- People can create panic and chaos in an earthquake. This can be dangerous, especially if you have a baby with you. Therefore, try to avoid as crowded and chaos as possible.
- Take your child with you to a safe place and wait until the earthquake is over.
- If you are in the vehicle, stop your vehicle in a suitable place and wait for the vibration to pass. Because during the earthquake, the roads may be damaged or the signs may be damaged and fall on you. Make sure that you do not have anything to fall on, such as signs or street lighting in the parked area.
How to Approach Your Afraid Child After an Earthquake?
It is quite normal for our little babies to be scared, even when we adults are very scared. At this point, how you approach it is very important. First of all, if you are old enough to understand the earthquake before the natural disaster about him in a language that you must have made statements to him. If you have a child out of infancy the earthquake could affect it more.
You know that children of this age have a high imagination. If the things he has established in the imaginary world are not explained to him logically, this fear can become a place for him and prepare the basis for further problems in the future. Therefore, direct your child to make him / her feel safe.
Earthquake you will be quite afraid; But remember to keep it with you There is a miniscule you are on duty. Although you are afraid, fear, try not to show your fear to your offspring so that he can feel safe. Otherwise, if he sees you as a superhero, even if he sees you in fear, he will not feel safe and will experience great fears. Tell him everything will be alright; but believe it first.Important information: If you have experienced the earthquake at home, and then when you enter the house you notice that your child is afraid of some things in the house, the physical experience that will relieve him is scary, but his mother and father as always to explain to him in a beautiful language.
Never underestimate your fears, don't make sentences like you're a big girl or a man is afraid. Accept your fears and speak to him when he is ready. You may find it difficult to explain to your child exactly what the natural disaster is and why it happens. But if you tell this by storytelling in a way that she can understand or by exemplifying it in a way she knows, she will surely understand you. We hope that we will never face big and destructive natural disasters and our little ones will not face such fears. However, if you are prepared for this natural disaster, What are the ways of protection from earthquake There is great benefit to know the answer to the question.